Schistosoma mansoni causes schistosomiasis, a disease of poverty that infects approximately 200 million people worldwide. Treatment of the disease relies on praziquantel (PZQ). With the expanding use of the drug, there is a fear over the development of resistance. It is, therefore, important to discover new drugs and drug targets.
I'm really happy to announce another poster and research project utilizing ROSALIND, our analysis and collaboration platform for genomics.
Congratulations Nelly El-Sakkary, PhD and everybody that participated in this project: Steven Wang, Zhenze Jiang, Hayley Bennett, Anthony O'Donoghue and Conor R. Caffrey!
Nelly, I know the road was not easy to extract RNA from Schistosoma mansoni but your perseverance paid off. It was also great to see you using ROSALIND to analyze your RNA-seq data, dive into your results and produce engaging graphs for your poster.
This is exactly what we designed ROSALIND for: Empowering researchers like you, with no bioinformatics background, to analyze their own data, explore their results and collaborate!
"Analysis (from FastQ to normalized counts), differential expression (using Start, HTSeq and DESeq2) and the heatmap were done using ROSALIND. A threshold cutoff value of >= +/- 1.5 was used, with a p-Adj cutoff of 0.05."
"Box plots, generated using ROSALIND, indicate the distribution of data of select proteasome-related genes which are significantly upregulated (p-adj cutoff 0.05)."
As Nelly concludes for S. Mansoni, "Phenotypic analysis of schistosomes in culture and RNA-Sequencing reveal significant morphological and gene-expression changes which underscore the importance of the 20 S proteasome and it’s potential as a drug target."
Having research stalled as you wait for results can be frustrating. What's worse is when the analysis results you received create more questions than answers.
For the researcher looking for a simplified analysis solution, ROSALIND offers a fast and easy way to explore your data through guided experiment set-up, interactive visualization of same-day results and a collaborative way to share your project with others.
- ROSALIND is designed for Scientists who don’t have any prior bioinformatics background and empowers them with deep interpretation and the most advanced collaboration tools in genomics.
- ROSALIND Directors harness admin capabilities to share projects and manage team budgets.
- Advanced real-time analytics reports track usage trends and important quality control metrics.
- Project Teams realize immediate productivity gains with same day results.
- Preserve bioinformatic pipeline investments by importing processed data and empower your Scientists to explore your full library of valuable data.
- Liberate your data and ensure everyone on your team can collaborate in real-time.
Choose the right plans for your team here, and sign up for a Scientist 7-Day Trial to get started today.