Thousands of Scientists around the world entrust ROSALIND every day to discover the most valuable results in their NGS data and to enable collaboration across project teams and labs. ROSALIND provides fast, easy data processing and is recognized as the leading Scientist-focused platform for genomic analysis and collaboration.
In this post, I'll review ROSALIND's latest capabilities, supported species and experiment types as well as our new subscription plans designed specifically for Scientists and Biologists.
- In case you missed it, we recently provided a detailed walk-through on Public Data exploration. Follow this link for more information.
- As well as the ability to Collaborate on Genomic Data as easily and in real-time like Google Docs. Follow this link for more information.
For Scientists, Explorers and Directors
I'm thrilled to share the details on our ROSALIND subscriptions for Scientists, Explorers and Directors. I give much thanks to our Oncology Research, Discovery and Therapeutic customers who helped to shape and design these to enable their teams.
- ROSALIND Explorer is designed for the Biologist, Post-doc or Researcher who wants to explore public data for insights and run a couple of experiments each year while collaborating with other Researchers on their projects.
- ROSALIND Scientist is optimized for the Biotech Scientist, Researcher or Biologist who actively runs multiple experiments per year and actively works as part of a collaborative Project Team sharing a budget. This Scientist frequently mines Public Data experiments to test hypotheses and utilizes meta-analyses to find patterns across experiments and comparisons. This Scientist appreciates the time savings afforded by sample re-use, outlier removal, intelligent quality control and automatic contamination detection. We offer a 7-Day Free Trial for Scientists.
- ROSALIND Director is a perfect fit for the Director, Bioinformatician or PI who leads multiple Project Teams, has Department or Core responsibility, and who requires group and project administration, unlimited team collaboration and consistent data exploration for all team members.
Deep Interpretation & Exploration
- Pathways: WikiPathways, Reactome, BIOCYC, Pathway Interaction Database, and the Small Molecule Pathway Database
- Gene Ontology: Biological Processes, Molecular Functions and Cellular Component
- Proteins: Protein-Protein Interactions, Interpro, Pfam, SMART, GENE3D, Prosite and PRINTS
- Other Knowledge Bases: MSigDB, COSMIC, GWAS catalog, Lipid Maps and Chromosome location
(we probably added more by the time you're reading this)
- RNA-seq - Whole Transcriptome and Targeted Panels, including mitochondrial and long non-coding RNA
- NanoString - MicroRNA, Gene and Protein Expression Panels
- Small RNA-seq - Micro and small RNA Differential Expression
- ChIP-seq - Differential protein binding sites
- NCBI Public Data Import from SRA - Learn more about Public Data Import
We use Machine Learning to identify patterns across data sets and provide full biological and pathway interpretation, including:
- RNA-seq to RNA-seq comparisons
- NanoString RNA panels to RNA-seq comparisons
- NanoString Protein panels to RNA-seq comparisons
- NanoString to NanoString comparisons
(we're always adding more if you see one missing)
- Mammals: Human (Homo Sapiens), Mouse (Mus Musculus), Rat (Rattus Norvegicus), Crab-eating Monkey (Macaca fascicularis), Rhesus Monkey (Macaca mulatta), Canine (Canis familiaris) and Chinese Hamster (Cricetulus griseus)
- Insects: Fruit Fly (Drosophila Melanogaster)
- Fishes: Zebrafish (Danio Rerio) and Cave Fish (Astyanax mexicanus)
- Birds: Chicken (Gallus gallus) and Zebra Finch (Taeniopygia guttata)
- Worms: C. Elegans (Caenorhabditis Elegans)
- Plants: Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis Thaliana)
- Fungi: Yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae)
- Other: S. Mansoni (Schistosoma mansoni)
A Fresh Approach
Too often, we all see scientific software use a “low volume-high priced license” sales strategy. Whether it's planned for the low volume, that is certainly the chosen path to profit from commercial customers, while offering heavy discounts for academics. I’m not sure anyone really wins with this strategy, and it's certainly not the individual Scientists who need the accessible software that will advance their experiments.
We believe in a different approach that's deeply tied to our BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) - To empower Scientists globally in the discovery of life’s unknowns by reinventing research. To succeed in this mission, we understand that Scientists everywhere need access to ROSALIND, and their access should be optimized for their individual roles and responsibilities.
New Plans for Scientists
Whether you're a Scientist in Drug Discovery or a Researcher working on Rare Diseases, ROSALIND provides the best experience for analyzing your data and collaborating across teams:
- ROSALIND is designed for Scientists who don’t have any prior bioinformatics background and empowers them with deep interpretation and the most advanced collaboration tools in genomics.
- ROSALIND Directors harness admin capabilities to share projects and manage team budgets.
- Advanced real-time analytics reports track usage trends and important quality control metrics.
- Project Teams realize immediate productivity gains with same day results.
- Preserve bioinformatic pipeline investments by importing processed data and empower your Scientists to explore your full library of valuable data.
- Liberate your data and ensure everyone on your team can collaborate in real-time.
Choose the right plans for your team here, and sign up for a Scientist 7-Day Trial to get started today.